Here's Performance Drive's Verdict:
Despite the larger size and somewhat softer chassis setup, the new Cooper S is still one of the best little hot hatches around. It has become more capable for a wider variety of drivers and it can behave more confidently in a wider range of conditions. For driving enthusiast, the crackle and splutter on the overrun will make you smile like a child – like it did for us – and the impressive torque translates to improved point-to-point performance.
– New model sees price drop
– Proper rally-car soundtrack, sounds awesome
– Strong torque, especially from low revs
– More efficient than predecessor
– Offers a broad range of driving performance
– Still some tackiness to the interior
– More understeer
– Become a bit soft?
And here's its video: