With BMW co-developing the next generation MINI alongside a new family of small, front wheel drive BMWs, MINI’s component offerings are about to get substantially better and more technically impressive. One of the more important things on that list will be a new 8-speed dual clutch transmission. This DCT gearbox, co-developed with ZF, will replace the current 6-speed, old-school, torque converter auto in all future MINIs beginning with the F5X/F6X cars. This will begin with the F56 (the 3rd generation MINI Hardtop) and spread as each model is updated.
- NORCAL MINIS SWAG
- CLUB VENDOR DISCOUNTS
- NORCAL MINIS' LANDS END STORE
- MEMBERS ONLY GOOGLE GROUP
- NORCAL MINIS @ facebook
- 10/4/2015 BLACKHAWK CARS AND COFFEE
- 10/18/2015 NORCAL MINIS ROARING CAMP RAILROAD RUN
- 11/1/2015 BLACKHAWK CARS AND COFFEE
- 11/15/2015 NORCAL MINIS CHOWDER RUN
- 12/6/2015 BLACKHAWK CARS AND COFFEE
- 12/6/2015 NORCAL MINIS HOLIDAY PARTY CHARITY FUNDRAISER
Monday, April 30, 2012
Next Gen. MINIs To Get 8-speed Dual Clutch Transmission!
MotoringFile reports, in part: