In a BMW press release, the maker states that some drivers have "expressed the desire to deactivate this function in certain situations".
While drivers can press a button to deactivate BMW's MSA Automatic Stop/Start, the system reactivates automatically the next time the car is driven.
BMW now says customers can take their cars in to the dealer to have the system set to "last user mode", whereby the stop-start remains in whatever setting it was when the engine was last switched off.
BMW also confirms that its "M" performance models are already set to last user mode.
- CLUB VENDOR DISCOUNTS
- NORCAL MINIS SWAG
- MEMBERS ONLY GOOGLE GROUP
- NORCAL MINIS' LANDS END STORE
- NORCAL MINIS @ facebook
- 4/27/14 THE BLOODY ORIGINAL SALES EVENT
- 5/4/14 CARS 'N COFFEE AT BLACKHAWK
- 5/10/14 NORCAL MINIS GOES TO THE MINORS
- 5/11/14 RALLY FOR RED CROSS
- 7/26-8/10/14 MINI TAKES THE STATES
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Coming To MINI Although BMW Buyers Not Happy
Green Car Reports says many BMW drivers are dissatisfied with the Stop/Start technology and believe it is a "little too much hassle." It reports: