The reason road signs are still being hacked is because hapless lowest-bid Department of Transportation contractors aren't protecting their screens from zombified hordes with a simple Master-lock.You can go to this article and read Jalopnik's history of highway road sign hacking.
And we'll continue to spread that important message until they secure their damn signs — no matter how much the idiots at local news stations call us a "hacker website." They're stupid enough to think that's some kind of an insult.
- CLUB VENDOR DISCOUNTS
- NORCAL MINIS SWAG
- MEMBERS ONLY GOOGLE GROUP
- NORCAL MINIS' LANDS END STORE
- NORCAL MINIS @ facebook
- 4/27/14 THE BLOODY ORIGINAL SALES EVENT
- 5/4/14 CARS 'N COFFEE AT BLACKHAWK
- 5/10/14 NORCAL MINIS GOES TO THE MINORS
- 5/11/14 RALLY FOR RED CROSS
- 7/26-8/10/14 MINI TAKES THE STATES
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Electronic Road Signs Continue To Be Hacked Thanks To Jalopnik
Jalopnik published this guide to hacking road signs. As a result hacking of the signs has been rampant. Jalopnik continues to defend its publication of hacking instructions as follows: